Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Elder Kenison begins his mission

After a busy day of running errands, making preparations, last-minute purchases, and a few "goodbyes" from friends, we were ready for the mission to begin! Bishop Blackham, President Killpack, and President Stratton joined us at our home for a wonderful, spirit-filled hour together. We discussed the joys and blessings of missionary service, and then President Killpack directed that I should set Matthew apart as a missionary. It was a wonderful honor for me, and one that tore at my heart-strings. I will never forget the feeling of joy as my son Matthew became Elder Kenison! Now, we begin two wonderful years of supporting, sustaining, and praying for the Lord to bless and guide him.

President Stratton discussed this scripture, which Elder Kenison now has a new appreciation for:

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

I am sure we'll be particularly grateful for the message of this scripture during the next two years!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. I wish I could have attended the open house and participated in the events. I'm excited for you and for Matt and I'm glad Judy was able to be there.

    ReplyDelete