Friday, April 24, 2009

MTC Update 4/24/09

We received a very wonderful email letter from Elder Kenison today. There were some insights he shared that really warmed our hearts. For example, when we asked how he thinks he has changed during his time in the MTC, this was his response:
I've completely fallen in love with the scriptures. I love reading them. My goal is to finish them before I get to Chile. I'm trying to study a lot of Spanish and then I'll read on the plane flight that's like 12 hours or something.
He also mentions reading in the Ensign he's done recently. We were thrilled to hear him talk like that! That was not one of his stronger points before the mission; he's clearly been blessed by the Spirit and teaching of the MTC.

Here is one other enjoyable experience he shared (as he wrote it - he's obviously trying to type very fast):
the church is true. i don't doubt that at all. i've been talking in the referral center to two people. (the referral center is mostly where people see a comercial about "families isn't it about time" or an add for a free DVD about christ so they call and we send it to them. one investigator we'll call her mary. i've told her to watch the movie she was sent. (she's been sick) she promised me she would by monday. so i'm going to call her back on monday night. the second we'll call her... Anne. she was sent a book of mormon and i called her to make sure she received it. she said she had and that she's looked over it a little bit. and that she had some questions. after answering a couple she asked "the bible has factual evidence about the locations in it. in the book of mormon it talks about a great battle. do you know where that happened?" I said "no. but i do know that it happened" we had a conversation for about 30 mintues haha (which compared to the conversations i use to have with girls seemed like nothing) haha i asked her to descibe salt to me. and she said she couldn't. I said that's a lot like the gospel i can't really explain how it feels you just have to try it out. then she said "well if you didn't believe me i would just give you salt" lucky the spirit helped me out and i replied "well you've been given the book of mormon. just give it a try. i would reccomend reading in 3 Nephi chapter 11. that is when christ came to the America's." she also asked about when the book of mormon was written. luckily i had studied this and i said well do you know who king zedekiah is.? or is it jeramiah. haha i can't remember I did at the time though. i told her that that's when nephi came to the america's and he is the "first" prophets in the book of mormon. she asked me a couple more questions wondering how i really know this. I then asked her that god reveals things with two or three (or more) witnesses. so i asked her if she'd like to talk to my "friend" (companion) who also knows that it's true. so yeah that was an awesome experience. :D
He'll leave for Chile in 2 1/2 weeks. Keep working hard, Elder Kenison!

No comments:

Post a Comment