Friday, May 1, 2009

MTC Update 5/01/09

May is here — time is flying by, and Elder Kenison is in the "MTC home stretch!"

Some of his best experiences now are coming while he does actual missionary work! He really enjoys the time he spends in the "Referral Center" where missionaries respond to phone calls placed by people who see Church commercials or advertisements. He wrote:
At the RC one of the people I'm talking to, her name is Anna, she read the Book of Mormon for a few hours yesterday. And I answered some of her questions. It was really cool. I challenged her to pray about the Book of Mormon, and I told her that I would try to find out an answer to her question. It's about 2 Nephi 31:21 just about how it says that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one. But we know it means one in purpose.
And he continues to love the MTC and the spirit he feels there. We asked him how he has changed since starting his mission:
I've changed a lot.... Ever since I got here I've read [the scriptures] SO much. I have a goal to finish the Book of Mormon before I get to Chile. That includes my 3 hour lay over in Dallas... ugh. Studying actually is a lot easier. It feels like wherever I go in the MTC the spirit is always there. in every room. so studying is really nice. I especially like the Celestial Room. Every time I go in there it feels like a cloud has been moved from over my head. It's hard to explain but it just feels like praying is a lot easier there. and I know it is. :)
This coming week will be busy, as he finishes his studies and starts packing and preparation to depart for "the field." We appreciate all the prayers and support on Matt's behalf!

1 comment: