Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30 update

Elder Kenison is getting used to his new area in the Esmeralda Branch.  We asked about his companion, Elder Carvajal, and told him we assumed he was Latino when we heard the name - we were surprised to hear he was from SLC.  Turns out his father is Chilean!  The two mature elders seem to be getting along well:
we're loving it haha kinda hard with the spanish because people still don't ALWAYS understand us but it's all good. haha we're workin hard :D
Here's the current summary of the work in their area:
well right now we've been trying to find new investigators and NO ONE is there or they're not interested. but still we're working. the Branch is really good the members work but we just need references. for example we want to have more lessons where a member can come with us, and there are several that can, but we don't have investigators to teach. but we have a couple contacts that we'll pass by for this next week. haha
As for their apartment - apparently it's in need of repairs, or better yet, replacement:
the pension... well we'll be changing this next week into a new one. the one we're in just... well there is a lot of water problems haha the sink leaks and so there is always water everywhere. but really we just found another penison for really cheap and it's a lot bigger and nicer. haha it's out of our area but it's only a short walk so that is the down side but it's all good.
The branch members are working to strengthen one another in some creative ways:
every Thursday the elders get together and go out home teaching i don't think they have assignments but it's like a "mas o menos" thing not many people show up to it. just like 3 or 4. so hopefully that get get going that would probably be a huge help. haha
No new photos today (he left the charger for his camera at his old location and needs to wait for it to be sent to him).  But here are a couple from recent weeks I didn't post yet.  Apparently the Elders went to a Chinese restaurant, and Elder Kenison saw some interesting figurines that he had to try to emulate.

The first bore this caption/description:
a chinese resturant. just so it's not like apostacy i imagined him like Enos haha quote:

2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.
3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.
4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
Enos 1:2-4


The second one says:
also at the restaurant haha i've noticed that i'm a very un-flexible person haha

No comments:

Post a Comment